December 2, 2018

Road to Everest Base Camp

Today, I am on a flight to Kathmandu, Nepal for my next adventure, trekking to the Everest Base Camp!!

I may or may not achieve my dream to set foot on the base camp of the highest mountain in the world. Well.. I am confident about my fitness level. The only thing I am nervous about is the AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) cos it can affect anyone, even the superfit person.

The journey to reach the Everest Base Camp will take at least 11 days to complete on a 130km round-trip. Doesn't sound so far right? But the trip is broken down overall into 9 days of long trekking and 2 short trekking acclimatization days due to the steep rise of altitude.

Wish me luck guys!!

-----

Wrote this but forgot to publish hahahahhaha.

So now I am back! Albeit feeling under the weather cos Nepal was very dusty and cold brrrrrrr. Managed to complete the EBC trek and summited the Kala Patthar (5,550m) where I got to see closeup view of Mount Everest. Alhamdulillah!!



do you know which one is Everest?

Another bucketlist crossed this year yeayyy!!!

No comments: