November 3, 2015

Spending time in Manchester

Previous read : Glory Glory Man United

My train back to London was at 6 pm so after I was done with my mission at Old Trafford, I took my own sweet time sightseeing in the city center.

Didn't walk far though, just around Piccadilly Gardens and the Albert Square. Didn't wanna miss my train later cos if it happens, I'd be stranded here cos the trains won't be operating on Christmas day.

It was Christmas eve so the area was buzzing with last minute shoppers. Surveyed some items in Primark. Fuhhh.. everything was so cheap! No wonder all my girlfriends who went to UK were crazy over this retail outlet. Clothes, bags, shoes, scarves, accessories.. mostly going for GBP 10 and below. Almost went crazy but I held myself cos it's better to wait for the Boxing Day Sale! hehe..



To add to the joyous atmosphere, there were many performers at the street market and groups performing Christmas carol.




Walking around, I couldn't help but fell in love with the city. The city has rich variety of architectural styles; modern, contemporary, gothic, roman etc. The buildings were beautiful.

Manchester Town Hall


The Albert Memorial

St Ann's Church

 not sure what is this building

There's a giant ferris wheel at Piccadilly Gardens. I love ferris wheel. Wanted to ride it but after I went to the counter and looked at the ticket price, I slowly backed away. It was GBP 9 for adult, and the ride only lasted about 10 minutes. Quite expensive for what is a fairly short ride, no?



I read in the news that the ferris wheel was dismantled last June. You won't see this Wheel of Manchester anymore..

Anyway, I came across one halal food outlet in front of Piccadilly Gardens.


Tapau-ed some food for my ride back to London.

One day was not enough to cover everything in Manchester. Next trip, I should spend a night here (and make sure I get to watch a game in Old Trafford!).

Next read : Christmas in London

No comments: