October 31, 2015

Cheap Accommodation in Tokyo

Sharing some of cheap accommodations that I've tried in Tokyo.

#1 Anne Hostel Asakusabashi

Located in Asakusabashi, Anne Hostel is just a few minutes walk from JR and Toei Asakusabashi station. If you land in Haneda Airport, you can take direct train from the airport straight to this station.

It's nearby Asakusa. And Akihabara is just 1 stop away where I can change to Yamanote Line later. So convenient and that's why I keep on coming back staying here.




Each bed has curtain for privacy, and also comes with a rack, a reading lamp and power outlets. There's also locker to keep your belongings.



The hostel provides unlimited breakfast (toast, jam, eggs, coffee/tea) which is also one of the reasons why I love to stay here. Having breakfast included is not typical for Japanese hostels so this is a plus point.

I paid about 3000 yen per night for the dorm, and to me it's really worth it.


#2 J Residence

On my last trip to Tokyo, I stayed in J Residence for a night cos I travelled with a few friends. The apartment is located in Kabukicho area in Shinjuku. You either like or hate this area cos well.. it's the entertainment and red-light district of Tokyo.

The apartment is compact and simply furnished. There's a small kitchen which includes a fridge, microwave, kettle and a rice cooker. Perfect if you want to cook during your stay. The apartment also comes with an LCD TV, hair dryer, toiletries and free wired internet. There's also coin launderette should you want to do your laundry.






The toilet is small, but that is normal in Tokyo. It's good enough for me. Other than complimentary toiletries, towel is also provided so you can leave your big towel at home.

Paid 7700 yen for a 2-person apartment so it's only 3850 yen per person (the rate when I stayed in Oct 2014). If you are not keen to stay in a dorm or hostel but still want a cheap deal, this apartment is a good choice. 

Other than those two, I've also stayed at Toyoko Inn and Tokyu Stay hotel chains during my business trips.

This is Tokyu Stay Gotanda.





My favorite hotel in Tokyo. Super love it but the room rate has gone up about 50% since my last stay. T_T

Anyhow, if you have extra budget but don't want to splurge, you might wanna consider these hotel chains cos they're still considered cheap by Tokyo standard.

No comments: