November 13, 2008

Belajar Menjahit Tudung Awning

Guess what I did during the weekend?

I know you guys won't believe this.. hahaha...

I learnt how to make a tudung! Wowwwwwieeee!!!

It all started in the forum... One creative forumer started her DIY tudung project and her success story in making a beautiful tudung ala Tudung Ariani/Hajaba/Munawwarah whatever they call it, some people also call it tudung Ekin and these tudungs are expensive I tell ya! led others to follow. But following her templates from the Internet seems hard for most of us (especially me!). So last Saturday, a group of strangers met up at Impian Qaisara, Bangi and learnt together in a class. Sanggup aku drive ke Bangi macam nak pegi keja di pagi Sabtu! hehe..

I didn't plan to join initially but seeing all the excitement made me registered myself. I didn't wanna miss the fun. After putting my name on the list of attendees, I was having a 2nd thought though. Do I really wanna go?? What for since I am not wearing a hijab (yet!).. but finally I decided to just go sebab tak elok la kan dah bagi nama orang dah penat2 prepare tapi tak datang. Lagipon I didn't have any plans for the weekends. Daripada duduk rumah tak buat apa2, at least I can learn something new kan?? And make new friends too!

My project is still in the progress. Dah siap jahit awning and cantum with the body but my jahitan is so bad.. nak bukak and jahit balik bagi cantik sikit... kate ambik KMT dulu kan.. jadi skill menjahit ku adalah sangat basic. jelujur ngan sembat je yg ku tahu.. huhuhu...

bahan2 yang diperlukan..

ini adalah awning yang telah di-trace di template..

iron kertas gam kat awning supaya cantik terbentuk..

ini rupa setelah di-iron..

jahit supaya ia tidak tercabut (lepas basuh ke apa or after lama2 guna)..

awning siap! nampak tak jelujur ku yang buruk itu..

ok sekarang utk body pulak.. trace je ikut template tu.. kalau takde template harus ler i dunno how to do..

dah siap gunting ikut template...

sekarang dah boleh cantumkan the awning dengan the body..

Dah siap dicantum tapi sekarang ia terbengkalai di situ sebab nak bukak balik tapi takda masa.. maybe this weekend baru sambung.

During the class...



All in all, I enjoyed the class!! Thanks to all .. especially:
1) cupcake aka Faz for providing the templates, belikan body, the yummylicious cupcakes! (kita salute dengan awak sebab you're only 2 years older than me and now you're doing PhD! and oh chocolate cheese cupcakes tu sedap gile nanti kita nak order tau :D)
2) esme aka Nurul for providing us a nice place to hold the class, the refreshment, the yummylicious carrot cake!
3) yela aka Mijae for buying the awnings and initiating the class
4) haz, effy, tong_gas, faziraniq for helping me in the class and others for helping memotong all the awnings and also for making the class a success!

We should do it again! :D

No comments: