January 2, 2008

Singapore : Sightseeing

Continuation from here ...


We checked out early in the morning. Oh I forgot to mention, this hostel provides internet connection for free. But until 12am only..

Started our jalan2 session.. Clarke Quay-Boat Quay-Merlion-Bugis Street


This is their Post Office HQ. Very the canggih one. Looks more like X-Men's HQ to me. hehehe


Singapore River


Stamford Raffles.. the founder of the island


The Esplanade or better know as the 'Durian'


Merlion. the most photographed spot in Singapore


The Singapore Flyer. It's the world's largest observation wheel. I didn't ride it coz my Singaporean friend said the surrounding areas are still being developed, so the view are not that nice. She advised me to try it once the area is completed.


Then we went to Bugis Street. A very good place for shopping! I got a nice blouse for only $10 when the similar style in KL could cost me at least RM50 and above. Wanted to ride the DHL Balloon but it was closed due to bad weather. :(





The G-Max Reverse Bungy.. scary! But being the adventourous me, I can't go back to KL without trying it. Quite expensive for a short adrenaline rush.. the fee is $40. After negotiation, we got the DVD (the recording of our ride of terror) for free.. :D



Our train would depart at 9pm so after that we just strolled along the Clarke Quay/Riverside area to kill time. I wanted to try the river cruise (since day 1!), but the others didn't seem to be interested. So I went alone. Took the river cruise package which cost me $13.




It's time to go back.. :( We took the sleeper.. my first experience! The journey was OK.. coz I slept almost all the way to KL Sentral. hehehe.. or maybe coz I'm too tired.

No comments: