April 15, 2019

How Did I Lose 12 kg in 4 months?

I have successfully achieved my target weight now. Yeayy!!

Lost almost 12 kg in 4 months.
How did I do it? Definitely no ubat kurus involved!

So what I did was:
1. Intermittent Fasting
2. Calorie counting
3. Exercise

------------------------------------------------------

Intermittent Fasting

Puasa. Yes. It's that simple. And the best part is that we decide when we want to break the fast (eat). You can fast for as long or short as you like.

How to do it? Some of the most common and popular methods, and tested by yours truly;

16:8 : Fast for 16 hours, and then eat all your meals within an 8-hour period.
For example, your last meal on Sunday is at 8pm. Fast for 16 hours (including sleep time). At 12pm, you can break your fast and have your lunch. You may have snack and then dinner. Then, start fasting again at 8pm.

20:4 : Same like 16:8 method, just that you fast longer. Fast for 20 hours, and eat all your meals within a 4-hour period.
For example, your last meal on Sunday is at 6pm. You can break the fast at 2pm the next day, and eat between 2pm to 6pm. Then, start fasting again at 6pm.

23:1 / OMAD : Generally you only eat One Meal A Day (OMAD).
For example, you fast from dinner to dinner. Easier said, it's like puasa Ramadhan and you don't wake up for sahur. Or if you want to sahur also cannn.. you drink plain water. Easy peasy!

And oh, you can drink plain water, green tea or coffee without sugar during the Intermittent Fasting time.
And make sure to drink at least 2 litres.

In addition, I do puasa sunat Isnin/Khamis regularly.


Calorie counting

To lose 1 kg of body weight, you would need to create a deficit of about 7,700 calories.
Let say, you want to lose 0.5 kg per week. You need to burn 3500 calories or a daily calorie deficit of 500.

I use MyFitnessPal app to monitor my calorie intake. Generally, I don't eat clean (cos I don't cook) but I make sure my daily calorie intake is around 1000 calories.

You can check your daily caloric needs here whether you want to maintain or lose some weight.

How to calculate calorie deficit?

Calorie deficit = Maintenance calorie - Food calorie + Workout calorie


Exercise

So I signed up to a gym, ad so far so good. Went to the gym at least 3 times a week. Plus my weekend routine of hiking and running.

My weekly routine looks like this;
Monday - FGT Strength (strength training) / Rest Day
Tuesday - BodyPump (strength training)
Wednesday - Rest Day
Thursday - Aerial Flow Yoga (stretching), Les Mills Tone (cardio/strength/core)
Friday - Rest Day
Saturday - Hiking
Sunday - Run (cardio)

Cardio will help the number on the scale go down, but strength training can help you fit into a smaller pant size. So that's why I do both to get the best results.

  omg my fat %  was so high! and I was old, I have a metabolic age of a 46 years old damnnnn!


now I am younger, I am 26 years old! yasss!!! 

Gonna get my Baskin Robbins now. Bye!

1 comment:

SBP QOMAR said...

Syok dengar orang berjaya capai target turunkan berat badan ni huhu. Tahniah!

Jemput blogwalking ke blog saya :)