October 22, 2018

Hiking at Bukit Dinding

I gained weight since raya. And FML, it is so hard to lose the fat and get back to my pre-raya weight T_T

Thus, I am adding hiking into my weekend plan in order to get rid of the damn fat, and also as a preparation for my upcoming adventure. #nervous

I'm too lazy to drive to Bukit Gasing, Bukit Kiara, Kota Damansara Community Forest etc.
I hiked Bukit Tabur behind my house once, but it is currently closed for hiking since there have been some fatal incidents.

Luckily, there's another hill nearby.

Hello Bukit Dinding.

Standing at 291m, it is among the highest hills in Kuala Lumpur. Located in Wangsa Maju, it is less than 10 minutes away from my house. I see it everyday on my way to work on the Middle Ring Road 2. But shamefully I never knew the hill's name, let alone knew that we could hike it. Until I saw my friends 'checking in' there for hiking.

It is easy to find the trail head. Just look for the coconut shake stall on the roadside. The trail head is just next to the stall. Or you can head to Kompleks Sukan MSN Setiawangsa. From there, just drive straight about 1km until you see this coconut shake stall.




I'm joining to check in.

The trail is rather easy cos you're actually hiking on a concrete and tarmac road all the way to the summit where two telecommunication towers are located. The road is very steep at the beginning but for most of the way, it is a steady climb.




monkeys


The whole hill used to be a rubber plantation and there are trees still standing, all the way to the summit. You'll be surprised to see that the rubber trees are still being tapped on for the latex.


Views from the summit is blocked by trees and there's only telecommunication towers so there's nothing much to do up there.





litters on the summit left by stupid people


views you can see on the way up

Checking on my Garmin, total distance to the summit is around 2.5km, and completing one loop (up and down) takes less than an hour for average pace. A good work out for beginners and intermediate hikers.






Coconut shake to quench my thirst after a good sweat.

In case it is too easy for you, there is a trail leading off from the road but I saw no one went for it (perhaps cos there's a notice that it is for mountain bike).






Found this map. Maybe I will try the trails someday.



Some checkpoints.



Not sure what are their purposes, maybe it is for the mountain biking activities or the Bukit Dinding Challenge/Ultra Marathon.




Go register if you're up for the challenge (I know I'm not that crazy hahaha).

4 comments:

Lynnzul said...

Mohon share di Timeline Fb saya yer.
Tq

rara said...

@Lynnzul : My pleasure :)

Wak Lat said...

demm., tabur west or east dh tutup? ke dua2 ? hrmmm

rara said...

@Wak Lat: Semua tutup actually tapi sebab tak ada orang jaga, ada je yang naik. Tapi kalau jadi apa2, susah la kan.