November 15, 2017

JJCM : Kacang Pool Haji

If you visit Johor Bahru (JB), I'm pretty sure the locals will suggest you to eat Kacang Pool Haji at the food court next to Larkin Fire Station. A friend brought me there back in 2009 after we attended our bestfriend's wedding and I still remember how sedap it was!

After more than 8 years, I got to eat the yummylicious Kacang Pool again!



They have expanded the business and now have a few outlets around JB;
* 12, Jalan Dato Jaffar, Larkin Gardens (opens 7am to 12 midnight)
* Larkin Food Court, Susur 5, Jalan Tun Abdul Razak, next to the Larkin Fire Station (opens 7am till late)
* Plaza Larkin Food Court, adjacent to Larkin Sentral (opens 7.30am to 6.30pm)
* Plaza Angsana (opens 10am to 10pm)

and....
* Putrajaya!



Yeayy!!! I can go there anytime to satisfy my cravings!

My friends and I went to their largest and newest outlet in JB at Jalan Dato Jaffar.



The outlet is usually full but it was rather empty that night because it was the night of Malaysia Cup final, JDT vs Kedah hehe.


We ordered Kacang Pool daging, Kacang Pool kambing, Mee rebus, Rojak buah and Tauhu bakar.




Kacang pool


mee rebus

tauhu bakar

rojak buah

The Kacang Pool is without a doubt, da bomb! My JB friend recommended us to eat Mee Rebus Haji Wahid but we didn't have time to go but I think this mee rebus is also good! Tauhu bakar and rojak buah is so-so though.

We were happily taking photos around the outlet when one of the staff told us that the owner was there, and suggested us to take photos with him. 


So here's one with Haji Makpol, the owner of this famous kacang pool.
Thanks for coming up with that yummylicious menu!

1 comment:

Lobsang Nima said...

For me 'Mee rebus' literally melted in my mouth. Thanks for the update. I am from Bhutan and currently undergoing my masters in Thailand and someday I hope to get hold of Mee Rebus in vietnam.