September 30, 2015

Halal Food in Bangkok - part 2

During my first trip to Bangkok, I found halal restaurants in Phetchaburi area.

Then, during my second visit to the city, my friend brought me to Arab Street (Soi Arab) in Sukhumvit. The street is filled with numerous Arabic and Middle Eastern restaurants, I was like.. Why I never knew about this place?? My friend is Chinese some more.. hahaha...

Anyway, there's sooo many choices of halal restaurants there.





We walked till the end of the street and turned back. Too many choices until we didn't know which one to choose. haha..

Finally, we settled for Persian food at Shater Restaurant.








Total bill = 240 Baht (I forgot the name of the rice already.. )

The thing about Middle Eastern restaurant is that their portion is usually big. I had a hard time finishing mine! My tummy was sooo full! If you come here, you can order one meal and share with your partner.

Since this Arab Street is very near to my friend's place, I came here again the next day. This time, only tapau the kebab cos I was too tired after a day in Ayutthaya.   

 



Kebab is 60 Baht only.

If you wanna go to Arab Street, the official name of the street is Sukhumvit Soi 3/1. It is just a short walk from Nana BTS station.

Check out part 3 for halal food and prayer room at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!!

Is there any Thai halal street food also? I mean not in Restaurant.

rara said...

@Wilma: Hi! Yes, but maybe not so many choices. I only saw kebabs :)